Hair Care Routine
When it comes to my hair care routine, I couldn’t tell you how many different products I’ve used to try and keep my hair in good condition. I started dying my hair when I was 14 I I’m 30 now, 16 years of torturing my tresses. I’ve avoided colouring for the past 9 months and focused on taking care of my hair. Here I will share the products I’ve found work best for my hair.
I’ve found a bunch of products from some great brands that have changed my hair game. All products are cruelty free and quite natural. I personally haven’t had an issue with these products on super sensitive skin, but everyone is different so please patch test before use!
1. Shampoo and Conditioner. I am using the Hair & Me Everyday products.
I always shampoo my hair twice. The first time is to pick up all the dead skin, grime and residual hair product, while the second washes it away. I focus on the roots of my hair and let the shampoo wash over the rest so it doesn’t become a tangled mess. Follow with the conditioner from mid length to ends so not to create oiliness too fast. I like to wash every 2 – 3 days.
RRP $24 each https://au.hairandme.com.au/
2. If I’ve been using hot tools frequently or a lot of product, I’ll use a hair mask to give a little more nourishment. I am still using one for coloured hair because I’ve still got a lot of colour left. Masque for coloured hair by BRITE.
RRP $9.99 from Priceline Australia https://www.priceline.com.au/
3. This step is important for me! I towel dry my hair and then brush with my Dessata brush. If I don’t brush my hair while it’s still wet, I’ll be pulling it out dry. My hair hates to be brushed. I’m currently using the Maxi Detangling Brush. I’m sure this is designed for thicker hair, but it works for me so I’m sticking with it. The bristles are longer and there are more than that of the original.
RRP $29.95 http://www.dessata.com.au/
4. If using hot tools, it’s essential you apply a heat protectant. I like to part my hair and spray by section so the coverage is even. I use ‘make’ Protected Spray which I picked up from Hairhouse Warehouse.
RRP $21.95 http://www.hairhousewarehouse.com.au/
5. If my hair is frizzy or I have flyaway and baby hairs, I like to put coconut oil in my hair. My favourite is my mini jar of Coconut Magic. You don’t need much at all, just a small bit on your fingertips run through the hair.
Go to https://www.coconutmagic.com/for pricing.